In her two years as an attorney with Cramer & Anderson, LLP, Abigail T. Miranda has worked on several high-profile cases while establishing a diversified practice whose focus areas include Divorce & Family Law, Personal Injury Law and Civil Litigation.
Making a personal connection with clients, being readily available, and establishing a strong sense of trust are guiding principles for Attorney Miranda—whether she’s drafting a prenuptial agreement, working on aspects of a complex municipal law issue, or assisting Partner D. Randall DiBella with noteworthy cases involving a New Milford house explosion and the death of a cyclist.
“Those are things that are very important to me,” Attorney Miranda says of her commitment to clients. “I want injury clients to know, for example, that I know what disability rating they have from their doctor—not only do I know the law, I know them.”
In the area of Divorce & Family Law—about 40 percent of her practice—Attorney Miranda has handled custody cases and restraining orders, in addition to divorces and prenuptial agreements. She is certified by the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch to act as a Guardian Ad Litem and Attorney for Minor Children.
Attorney Miranda’s Personal Injury cases extend from motor vehicle accidents to a slip-and-fall case in federal court, and in her Municipal Law role she has worked with Partner John Tower on issues surrounding the former Century Brass property in New Milford, among many others.
In litigation also related to property, Attorney Miranda represents a half-dozen condominium associations, handling the collection of unpaid fees, foreclosures and other matters. She also guides summary process cases (evictions) for landlords, and for tenants.
Attorney Miranda lives with her husband in Litchfield. She was named to the board of the Women’s Center of Greater Danbury in November 2016, and was recently asked to join the board of the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce.
Admitted to Bar
- 2014 – Connecticut Bar
- 2015 – US. District Court, District of Connecticut
- 2014 – Juris Doctorate, Magna Cum Laude (Certification with Honors in Family & Juvenile Law)
Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, CT
- 2010 – B.S. Justice & Law Administration (Concentration in Legal Studies)
Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association — Young Lawyers Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Litchfield County Bar Association
- Attorney Miranda Joins Board of the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce
- Cramer & Anderson Sponsors New Milford School Walking Project
- Attorney Miranda Joins Women’s Center of Greater Danbury Board
- Connecticut Education Decision Appealed; Impact Still Looms
- Cramer & Anderson Staff Participate in Sarah Noble School Walking Project
- Arthur C. Weinshank
- Barry S. Moller
- David P. Burke
- Daniel E. Casagrande
- D. Randall DiBella
- Dolores R. Schiesel
- Jennifer Collins
- James D. Hirschfield
- John D. Tower
- Joshua Weinshank
- Kent Mancini
- Kim E. Nolan
- Kenneth E. Taylor
- Lisa Buzaid
- Mitchell J. Melnick
- Neal D. White, Jr.
- Perley H. Grimes, Jr.
- Robert L. Fisher, Jr
- Scott R. McCarthy
- Ted D. Backer
- William C. Franklin
We are committed to advancing our clients’ goals while delivering cost-effective legal services. more +