David P. Burke
Our Partner, friend and colleague David Burke died in March 2016 after a cycling accident. His profile remains posted here as a tribute to his life and work.
David P. Burke represents clients in general civil and domestic litigation matters. He has over 30 years of experience in litigation before both juries and judges in the Connecticut state courts and federal courts in the District of Connecticut. In addition, Mr. Burke has litigated matters in the federal courts of New York and other states, and represented clients in appellate work in both the Connecticut and the federal appellate court systems.
Mr. Burke strives to help clients resolve their disputes in the most cost-effective manner possible. He puts his client’s objectives first and seeks to achieve successful outcomes short of trial, including alternative dispute resolution approaches such as mediation and arbitration.
Mr. Burke represents clients in a wide range of matters, including: commercial and corporate matters, marital dissolutions, complex probate, trust and estate litigation, and personal injury claims. In addition, he represents both employers and employees in claims involving employment discrimination and improper termination of employment.
He has been involved in a number of cases involving multi-million dollar resolutions. Recent results representative results include:
- Multi-million dollar resolution of a breach of trust claim arising out of improper investments by a trustee
- Successful representation of divorce client faced with claims of improper diversion of corporate funds for his benefit and income tax improprieties
- Significant six-figure settlement for client injured in a fall at a hotel
Cramer & Anderson is a general practice law firm, that offers a wide range legal services. Mr. Burke’s clients benefit from his ability to draw on the knowledge and experience of his law partners who practice in other specialized areas of law, bringing their expertise, as needed, to matters on which he may be representing a client.
Mr. Burke has an AV rating, the highest rating available, under Martindale Hubbell’s peer review rating system through which attorneys rate other attorneys’ legal competence and ethical standards.
Mr. Burke has served as a Special Master in family matters for the Connecticut Superior Court.
Admitted to Bar:
- 1978, Connecticut and U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- 1979, U.S. Tax Court and U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- 1980, New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- 1981, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- 1982, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1983, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- 1984, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Miami University (B.A., 1975)
- George Washington University (J.D., 1978) Phi Kappa Phi; Phi Sigma Alpha
- Connecticut Bar Association (Member, Section on Civil Justice)
- Federal Bar Association (Member, Sections on Litigation;
- Corporation; Banking; Business Law)
- American Bar Association (Sections on Litigation; Corporation; Banking; Business Law)
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Associate — Breed, Abbott & Morgan, New York, New York, 1981-82
- Arthur C. Weinshank
- Barry S. Moller
- David P. Burke
- Daniel E. Casagrande
- D. Randall DiBella
- Dolores R. Schiesel
- Jennifer Collins
- James D. Hirschfield
- John D. Tower
- Joshua Weinshank
- Kent Mancini
- Kim E. Nolan
- Kenneth E. Taylor
- Lisa Buzaid
- Mitchell J. Melnick
- Neal D. White, Jr.
- Perley H. Grimes, Jr.
- Robert L. Fisher, Jr
- Scott R. McCarthy
- Ted D. Backer
- William C. Franklin
We are committed to advancing our clients’ goals while delivering cost-effective legal services. more +