Dolores R. Schiesel- Partner
Dolores R. Schiesel, Esquire, formerly First Selectman in the Town of Kent for five terms, is a Partner in the Kent Office of Cramer & Anderson. Schiesel, or Lorry, as she is known, advises clients regarding the current estate planning laws and how to plan for the future based on their individual needs and goals. In drafting their estate planning documents, Lorry considers the options that will best protect the clients’ assets in light of the Medicaid rules and other state and Federal statutes.
Her practice also includes representation of clients in real estate matters, including purchases, sales, refinances and reverse mortgages. She represents several area land trusts and handles conservation easements for private donors. Lorry counsels small business owners in handling business matters, including formation of limited liability companies and corporations.
Admitted to Bar:
- 1992 – Connecticut
- 1993 – New York
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D.)
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., Education)
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, New Milford Bar Association
- Director on Board of the Kent Community Fund, Inc.
- Director of the Kent Land Trust, Inc.
- Member Board of Trustees of Greenwoods Counseling Referrals, Inc.
- Town of Kent alternate representative to Housatonic Resources Recovery Association