D. Randall DiBella- Partner
D. Randall DiBella was first inspired to become an attorney by an opportunity to advance someone’s cause. Nearly 40 years later, as a Cramer & Anderson senior partner, Attorney DiBella has established a reputation as a compassionate, highly experienced and deeply respected legal advocate who works tirelessly on behalf of clients to achieve optimal results in a cost effective manner.
His primary Practice Areas include Municipal Law and Personal Injury, as well as Civil Litigation, Appellate Litigation, and Land Use & Environmental Law. In all disciplines, Attorney DiBella works to anticipate trends and issues that might arise.
Protecting the legal rights of clients is a priority for Attorney DiBella. Among his notable Personal Injury cases is one in which he led a team of attorneys in representing a homeowner who was seriously injured when his home exploded. The case was complex and the clients labeled the outcome “excellent,” while praising Attorney DiBella’s leadership of the legal team.
His leadership in the arena of Municipal Law is deep and broad. Attorney DiBella has served as Counsel to the Town of New Milford since 2004, and serves as Counsel to four other northwestern Connecticut municipalities; Kent, Sharon, Washington and North Canaan.
As part of the firm’s Municipal Law group, Attorney DiBella provides specialized legal services to towns and cities including defense litigation, complex litigation, tax appeal litigation, land use and environmental litigation and counsel, labor negotiations and litigation, and water pollution control matters.
Additionally, Attorney DiBella represents the City of Danbury in Freedom of Information litigation, and is recognized as an authority on Connecticut Freedom of Information law. He participated in the featured panel discussion at the 2018 Freedom of Information Annual Conference.
Among the highest rated lawyers in Litchfield County, Attorney DiBella has received a rating of AV Preeminent® in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™, which reflects that fellow attorneys consider him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Attorney DiBella was honored with a statewide Best Mentors award as part of the Connecticut Law Tribune’s 2018 Professional Excellence Awards.
He works primarily in Cramer & Anderson’s flagship office in New Milford and lives in Litchfield.
- Multari v. Yale-New Haven Hospital, 145 Conn. App. 253 (2013)
Admitted to Bar:
- 1980 – Virginia, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- 1980 – U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- 1981 – Connecticut
- Western Connecticut State College (B.A., 1975)
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Litchfield Bar Association (President, 2010-2012, CLE Committee)
- New Milford Bar Association (President, 1991-92)
- Waterbury-Litchfield Bench/Bar Symposium on Professionalism (Co-Chair, 2005)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Counsel, Town of New Milford, 2004-Present
- Counsel, Town of Kent, 2010-Present
- Counsel, Town of Washington, 2018-Present
- Counsel, Town of Sharon, 2018-Present
- Counsel, Town of North Canaan, 2018-Present
- Counsel, Town of Sherman, 1982-2003
- Grievance Panel, Judicial District of Danbury (Member, 1987-94; Chairman, 1992-94)
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Foundation
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys