Nearly $400,000 Workers’ Comp Settlement by Attorney Moller

Cramer & Anderson Partner Barry Moller achieved notable Workers Comp and Personal Injury case settlements in early 2019.

A Workers Compensation settlement recently secured by Cramer & Anderson Partner Barry S. Moller totals $398,910.96 for the benefit of a 55-year-old tool and die maker who suffered a right knee injury.

The worker underwent an arthroplasty on December 12, 2017, a procedure designed to restore function to the joint. He was ascribed a 60 percent impairment to the right knee, and the compensation rate achieved by Attorney Moller was slightly under the maximum rate for the compensable period. 

The settlement was reached through negotiations between the insurance carrier for the employer and Attorney Moller, who traveled to Northern Ireland earlier this year for an intensive study of complex mediation techniques at the Corrymeela peace and reconciliation organization.

Motor Vehicle Accident Brings $151,500 Settlement for Young Family

In another favorable result achieved in 2019, Attorney Moller obtained a settlement totaling $151,500 for a young husband and wife who were involved in a motor vehicle accident while traveling in Litchfield with their two young children in the vehicle.

The family was northbound in a Dodge van on Route 63 in Litchfield, near White Flower Farm on June 4, 2017, when a southbound Toyota Tacoma pickup truck failed to slow for traffic in the southbound lane that was stopped to allow a vehicle to turn left into a private driveway. The pickup truck struck an Audi SUV, pushing it into the northbound travel lane, where it struck the Dodge van head-on. 

The 34-year old husband is a local carpenter who expended $8,710 on medical treatment. He was ascribed a 5 percent impairment to his lower back, and Attorney Moller recovered $51,500 for the husband. 

Attorney Moller recovered $100,000 for the 35-year-old wife, a stay-at-home mom of the couple’s children, who were younger than 4 at the time. She had a 5 percent existing impairment to her lower back at the time of the accident. She was subsequently ascribed an additional 6 percent impairment to the back for a total of 11 percent. Additionally, she was ascribed a 2 percent impairment to her right knee. The wife expended $22,000 in medical expenses, one-third of that total on the day of the accident for Emergency Department treatment at a local hospital. 

In all, the settlement for the family reached via negotiations between Attorney Moller and the insurance carrier totaled $151,500.

In one of his notable 2018 results, Attorney Moller settled a Workers’ Compensation claim for $500,000 on behalf of a 60-year-old client he has represented for 11 years. Attorney Moller had already successfully obtained numerous surgical procedures in the case, and in addition to the settlement he also secured a Workers’ Compensation Set-Aside Arrangement (WCMSA) involving other funds that will pay for work related injuries for the remainder of the client’s life.

Also last year, Attorney Moller secured a $450,000 mediation settlement in a motor-vehicle-accident case, going up against a major insurer known for fighting hard to avoid such settlements. 

*********

Based on broad knowledge, experience and a determination to uncover and address every important detail, Attorney Barry Moller  passionately takes on complex cases within his primary practice areas, Workers’ CompensationPersonal Injury (motor vehicle accidents), and Premises Liability, dealing with property hazards that cause harm.

An authority on physical impairment ratings, Attorney Moller often handles Workers’ Compensation cases with complicated medical issues, in which he presents comprehensive and sophisticated claims on behalf of injured parties. Important to Attorney Moller’s success in achieving the best outcomes is his knowledge of the State of Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission and his relationships with those involved in the administration of claims.

To learn more about Attorney Moller, see his profile page. He may be contacted by email at bmoller@cramer-anderson.com, or by phone at (860) 355-2631.

~

Based in western Connecticut, Cramer & Anderson has a hometown sensibility, a strong regional presence, and a worldly outlook in Practice Areas extending from Personal Injury to Real Estate, Estate Planning, Divorce & Family Law, and much more. In addition to a flagship office on the Green in New Milford, the firm has offices in Danbury, Litchfield, Kent, Washington Depot, and Ridgefield, serving Fairfield County.

For more information, see the website at crameranderson.com or call the New Milford office at (860) 355-2631.