Kenneth E. Taylor- Partner
A Senior Partner with Cramer & Anderson, Attorney Ken Taylor spends the majority of his time on Divorce & Family Law cases and representing a large number of clients in Residential Real Estate Law for the firm.
Based on his broad experience, Attorney Taylor also handles general litigation, with notable cases and outcomes in Practice Areas such as Personal Injury Law and Workers’ Compensation.
He finds the variety enjoyable, and it provides inspiration for his highly engaged brand of advocacy, which values a constructive approach over the “scorched-earth” style favored by some attorneys.
Attorney Taylor’s collaborative philosophy is the key to his success with Divorce & Family Law, an area known for contentious and often painful proceedings.
In dealing with the issues of divorce, custody, and finances, Attorney Taylor engages in a new model of divorce known as the collaborative approach. It differs in key ways from traditional divorce, in which both sides hire attorneys and essentially fight, and also differs from mediation, in which a neutral mediator (not necessarily an attorney) represents neither side but shepherds both toward an acceptable outcome.
Collaborative divorce is a hybrid method in which spouses are each represented by an attorney. Both sides agree to work collaboratively and amicably toward a resolution, and the process begins with setting mutual goals. Collaborative divorce can save money, and it avoids long-term scars for the families involved.
Attorney Taylor is a member of the Collaborative Divorce Group of Western Connecticut and The Litchfield County Collaborative Divorce Group.
Based in Cramer & Anderson’s main office in New Milford, Attorney Taylor also lives in New Milford.
Admitted to Bar:
- Connecticut (1985)
- S. District Court, District of Connecticut (1986)
- Southern Connecticut State University (B.A., 1982)
- University of Bridgeport/Quinnipiac University (J.D., 1985)
- Litchfield County Bar Association
- New Milford Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Collaborative Divorce Group of Western Connecticut
- Litchfield County Collaborative Divorce Group
- Chairman, Republican Town Committee, 1986-2001
- New Milford Republican of the Year, 2001
- Chairman, New Milford Ethics Commission 1996-2004
- Chairman, Charter Revision Commission, 2006-2007
- Co-Founder, Citizens for Responsible School Growth – Political Action Committee, 1997
- Litchfield County Bar Association Courthouse Committee, 1997
- New Milford Town Meeting Moderator, 1990-Present
- President, Candlewood Lake Club, 2005-2010
- Connecticut Commission on Compensation of State Elected Officials and Judges, 1993-1999
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, First Congregational Church, New Milford, 1996-2004
- New Milford Chamber of Commerce, 1989-Present
Helen Goersch has been Ken Taylor’s administrative assistant for over 26 years. She handles all administrative aspects of Ken’s litigation practice and devotes a substantial amount of time to his family law clients. She has an in-depth knowledge of the divorce process and the difficulties individuals and families endure when they are faced with the breakup of their family. Helen can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-355-2631 x129.
Christine Winans is highly skilled in the preparation of real estate contracts and computation of adjustments for real estate and commercial closings. Christine can be reached at email@example.com or 860-355-2631 x131