Arthur C. Weinshank- Partner
Arthur C. Weinshank, Esquire, is the Senior Partner of the Estate, Trust, Elder Law and Probate Administration Department. Weinshank addresses both the personal and tax concerns of his clients when counseling with them on how to pass their assets on to the next generation.
Weinshank became a member of the New Milford office of Cramer & Anderson LLP after practicing with a New York tax firm and he obtained his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law. He represents individuals, families, and businesses, providing a full range of tax, estate and elder planning services.
He advises his clientele in estate administration on matters dealing with estate settlement, trust administration, and business succession planning, with a focus on avoidance and deferral of income, gift, death and other transfer taxes. Weinshank has almost 40 years of experience in drafting, including simple wills, sophisticated wills, trusts and related estate planning documents. He is also well versed in the field of Medicaid and long-term care matters.
Admitted to Bar:
- 1975 – Florida
- 1976 – New York
- 1980 – Connecticut
- New York University, Graduate School of Law, (Masters of Tax Laws)
- University of Miami School of Law, Miami, FL, (J.D.)
- Pace University (B.B.A., Accounting and Finance)
- Board of Director, Western Connecticut Health Network Foundation
- President, Hunt Hill Farm Trust, Inc.
- Director, The Jean Widmark & Richard Widmark Foundation, Inc.
- Chairman, The Lawrence J. Portell and Natalie D. Portell Foundation, Inc.
- Director, The Stevek Foundation, Inc.
- Corporator, Union Savings Bank
- Member, Tax and Probate Sections of the Connecticut, Florida and American Bar Associations
- Former Member, Western Connecticut Estate and Tax Planning Council
- Former Member, Board of Directors of NMBT and Connecticut Board of Directors of the Summit Bank
- Former Member, Executive Committee of the Connecticut Bar Association
- Former Co-Chairman, Legacy Committee of the Danbury Branch of American Cancer Society
- Former Member; Board of Directors of the Housatonic Shepaug United Way
- Panel speaker on televised shows for the American Cancer Society
- Former Trustee, Board of Trustees and Council for the Traumatic Brain Injury Company
- “Stock Sold by An Underwriter in Connection with Transfer of Controlled Corp.”
Jeremy Ruman has been Arthur C. Weinshank’s legal assistant for over 18 years. She handles all administrative aspects of Art’s tax, estate and elder law planning practice and devotes a substantial amount of time to interacting with his clients. Jeremy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org x132
Marguerite B. Coffey has been Arthur C. Weinshank’s senior paralegal for over 30 years. She handles all probate administration and estate settlement matters as part of Art’s estate practice and has extensive experience interacting with families of an estate. She has an in-depth knowledge of the probate administration process and the difficulties individuals and families endure when settling a loved one’s estate. Mimi can be reached at email@example.com 860-355-2631 x138
Stephanie Brennan has been a paralegal working with Arthur C. Weinshank in the estate department for over 8 years. She handles all probate administration and estate settlement matters and has extensive experience interacting with families of an estate. She has an in-depth knowledge of the probate administration process and the difficulties individuals and families endure when settling a loved one’s estate. Stephanie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 860-355-2631 x138