D. Randall DiBella- Partner
It was the opportunity to advance someone’s cause that initially drew D. Randall DiBella to the field of law. Nearly 35 years later, he finds great satisfaction each victory he earns for his clients. DiBella has built a career on his commitment to provide conscientiously cost-effective counsel to all those he serves.
Known for being accessible and available to his clients, DiBella believes in a proactive approach to the law. He works to anticipate trends and to help avoid problems in advance. His practice includes injury and civil litigation, areas that allows him to focus on protecting the legal rights of his clients, and municipal law, in which he helps towns navigate contracts, litigation and general government issues.
Among the highest rated lawyers in Litchfield County, DiBella has received a rating of AV Preeminent® in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™, which reflects that fellow attorneys consider him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Admitted to Bar:
- 1980 – Virginia, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- 1980 – U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- 1981 – Connecticut
- Western Connecticut State College (B.A., 1975)
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Litchfield Bar Association (President, 2010-2012, CLE Committee)
- New Milford Bar Association (President, 1991-92)
- Waterbury-Litchfield Bench/Bar Symposium on Professionalism (Co-Chair, 2005)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Counsel, Town of New Milford, 2004-2017
- Counsel, Town of Kent, 2010-Present
- Counsel, Town of Sherman, 1982-2003
- Grievance Panel, Judicial District of Danbury (Member, 1987-94; Chairman, 1992-94)
- James W. Cooper Fellow, Connecticut Bar Foundation
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Multari v. Yale-New Haven Hospital, 145 Conn. App. 253 (2013)