Jennifer Collins- Partner
“I’ve always represented people in their fights against unresponsive companies and government. I’ve never represented big companies,” says Attorney Jennifer H. Collins, who joined Cramer & Anderson as a Partner in October 2016 after guiding her own firm as Managing Member of Collins & Associates, LLC in the Greater Danbury Area.
“I represent people who have been injured or otherwise are in dire straits and going through a difficult time. That makes it easy to passionately advocate for them,” says Attorney Collins, whose principal Practice Areas are Personal Injury, including motor vehicle accidents, Workers’ Compensation, and Social Security Disability.
In her 18 years of practice, Attorney Collins has established a record of success on behalf of clients built upon meticulous attention to details and deadlines, extensive experience in preparing and trying injury claims, and an ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with judges, other attorneys, and clients.
She is also a State of Connecticut Judicial Branch Magistrate who presides over small claims matters and motor vehicle infractions across the state. Additionally, she has experience with Juvenile Law, having been contracted by the State of Connecticut to engage in child protection work, and with Probate Law.
Her extensive and diverse background includes clerkships in the Office of the General Counsel of the Department of Defense, researching and drafting regulations for the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and in the Office of Legislative Affairs for the U.S. Navy.
Attorney Collins lives in Ridgefield with her husband and children, where she volunteers within the public schools and supports nonprofits, including the Prospector Theater. She also runs 5Ks such as Run Like a Mother, to support the Molly Ann Tango Memorial Foundation, and the Super Scout 5K Challenge in Newtown.
Attorney Collins is based in Cramer & Anderson’s Danbury office and handles cases and issues throughout Fairfield and Litchfield counties and beyond.
Admitted to Bar:
- 1998 – Connecticut
- 1999 – U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- Fairfield University (B.A., 1994)
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, (J.D., 1997)
- Judicial Clerk for Hon. Vincent J. Grasso and Hon. Edward Turnbach, Ocean County, N.J. (1997)
- Litigation Associate, then Partner, Guendelsberger & Taylor (1998)
- Partner, Guendelsberger, Collins, Henry & Guendelsberger, LLP (2007-2010)
- Managing Member, Collins & Associates LLC (2010-Sept. 2016)
- Magistrate, State of Connecticut Judicial Branch (July 2010-present)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association